The business problem...
The client, a large pharma company, faced a number of problems with information management. Chiefly:
- Information stored across separate systems.
- Finding the correct information was difficult.
- Lost productivity from searching for information.
- Increased risk from a lack of document control
They needed a technology strategy to solve the problem.
Firstly, this was causing a compliance risk.
Secondly, they had to remain efficient in a very competitive market.
Moreover, a strategy was needed that would fix their problems and protect them in the long term.
The approach to technology strategy...
Cordpase worked with the client to assess their information. We identified the current issues and what the future should look like.
Firstly, a number of face to face workshops were carried out with the relevant departments. Secondly, we discovered where the information was held. Thirdly, we identified their business model and systems used create information.
Finally, and most importantly, a risk assessment was carried out to create a strategy that would reduce the risks.
The technology strategy solution...
Cordapse worked with the teams across the business.
This delivered a strategy reducing the risk, and included:
- A risk assessment highlighting problem areas.
- Identifying where most benefit could be delivered.
- A change roadmap for connected information.
- Selection of a platform to support technical change.
- A plan for systems introduction, migration and LOB integration.
Firstly, we created a strategy that would reduce the number of systems. In addition, we created a means of describing their information. More importantly, the strategy reduced productivity loss, competitive loss and non-compliance.
Firstly, the client now has a viable roadmap.
Secondly, this will deliver improvements across key areas within the business.
Moreover, this allows the client to:
- Integrate their disconnected information.
- Remove the risk of non-compliance.
- Increase productivity.
- Provide better information management
- Reduce the costs of maintaining separate systems.
- Move to a technology that will support their strategic goals